Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in and read the latest from Nissan.

Hybrid News for the Infiniti G35

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Administrator
Default Hybrid News for the Infiniti G35

Nissan Motors recently revealed plans to produce a completely electric powered vehicle, and along with it, the plans to introduce a Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) option for their popular G35 Sedan.

The unnamed Electronic Vehicle, which many assumed would be based on the Japanese market “Cube”, has been announced as not being based on any current Nissan vehicle, so this front wheel drive, electric-only vehicle will be all new, and fitted with plenty of Nissan technology.

The G35 is the latest chapter in the long history of what is known to most as the Nissan Skyline; a model which has never been released to the American public. Along with the G35 coupe, the sedan version has proven to be very popular in the US market, so it was no surprise to hear of their intentions to offer a new Hybrid model, right on the heels of Toyota commenting on their intention of making a full sized hybrid sedan. While many HEV models feature an electric engine mated to a very small and efficient engine, the Hybrid G35 will most likely offer a V6 engine, similar to that found in the current G35 engine.

During the development process of both the G35 and their currently unnamed Electric Vehicle, Nissan has produced a fuel cell stack that is stronger, smaller, and most importantly cheaper than the lithium-ion packs being used in current electric vehicles. This new Nissan battery pack has also yielded more power from a smaller unit, offering more performance than vehicles with a similarly sized power stack. This allows for the same luxury amenities that you would expect from an Infiniti product without compromising much efficiency, and at the same time the V6 engine still offers similar power to that found in the non-hybrid vehicles.

While there has been no official announcement of full specs of this upcoming Electric Vehicle or the G35 Hybrid, Nissan has commented that they plan to have these vehicles available for “domestic” sale by 2010 and worldwide production by 2012.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:32 AM

personally id go with th si...i would assuem the maintenece would be very low other than general stuff where as with the hybrid you do have the battery worry.but you should also figure in the stress of owning an si. whats more likely to get stolen an ugly hybrid or a clean si?

Old 12-12-2009, 02:31 PM

I would get the Si no questions. A hybrid would suck to drive everyday and a smartly driven Si can still get very good gas mileage and the hybrid will never make good power. Now an Si motor attached to the IMA drivetrain would be very cool. Wonder if anyone has done that?

Later

Old 12-14-2009, 08:08 PM

sounds cool!It can be my next project on hybrid, but I haven't tried to do some project on hybrid.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:52 AM

Sounds interesting. Hope it will also release here in Philippines. I will recommend it to my dad and it seems like it has a good benefit and had a nice feature on this product.

affordable modern furniture | modern dining chairs

Old 02-17-2011, 02:18 AM

intersting sound ..... ilike it..........

Old 12-24-2012, 04:56 AM

yes i agree .... sound clearly ...

Old 01-08-2013, 09:43 PM

Very Impressive
thanks post the information relating to it

Old 06-18-2013, 01:39 AM

I will recommend it to my dad and it seems like it has a good benefit and had a nice feature on this product.