General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

99 nissan maxima will not start

Old 04-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Default 99 nissan maxima will not start

Hi I own a 99 maxima with 107000 miles left one morning to the
store turned the car of when I whent to start the car it would crank
but wouldent start. I changed the fuel pump thinking maby there wasent
enouph pressure but still dont work any sugestion

Old 04-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Default RE: 99 nissan maxima will not start

have you checked the fuel pressure regulator,if so check the coil n see if its firing

Old 04-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

also check your distributer cap and rotor and make sure there not fried and also check all your fuses just to make sure theres no problem with electrical.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:17 AM

Have you tried checking your Nissan starter ? Double check everything thats related to your starter or consult your repair manual if you have one with your car.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: justin_p

Have you tried checking your Nissan starter ? Double check everything thats related to your starter or consult your repair manual if you have one with your car.
theres no need for that, he said that it cranks but wont start make sure and read the topic before posting

Old 04-12-2007, 10:13 PM

ORIGINAL: HXC_Nismo

ORIGINAL: justin_p

theres no need for that, he said that it cranks but wont start make sure and read the topic before posting
sorry. mah bad.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

its cool

Old 04-14-2007, 02:24 AM

thank you for your reply's. I put the car in the shop it was to puzzling to me, so far i got a call saying they think its the cam shaft censor but who knows. So once the problem is diagnosed ill post the problem. thank you again

Old 04-15-2007, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

thats a possibilty cause the cam angle sensor tells the ecu when to fire so probably is that let us know when you get it back.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:23 PM

Your car has no distributor. I also own a 1999 maxima. it has individual ignition coils at each spark plug. I personally dislike this design. A centralized ignition module seems to make more sense.

However, back to your original question....

My '99 maxima seem sto have the same problem yours has. I have narrowed the problem down to the transponder in the key telling the computer to lock the engine into theft mode and will not send injector pulse signal to fuel injectors (I also replaced the fuel pump first and with no results).
My uncle has a reputable garage and a sophisticated scanner which pinpointed the theft mode and lack of injector pulse.

Unfortunately I have not yet gotten the car running because the dealer and every source of information I have come across all indicate that this problem with the transponder in the key is dead and now all keys will give same result without nissan specific key reprogrammer (an expensive device which I have so far been unable to convince my beloved uncle to purchase). I abhor the thought of taking it to the dealership. Seems rather akin to raising the rear end and taking an obstruction up the tailpipe to me........$$$

Anyway...

I hope this information is of some assistance. If you pursue this recommended course of action and have any success with your Maxima please let me know through this very useful forum. I am also curious to know how much the above mentioned procedure would cost to correct....

ttfn.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 nissan maxima will not start