General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Aluminum Wheels -- Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:09 PM
Default Aluminum Wheels -- Please Help!

Hello team of experts -- I have a sincere need that I've resorted to this group for the 1st time. Been a member for a while - thank you.

I have 20" MSR wheels on a 2011 Nissan Maxima
They are Aluminum lip with the black wheel
They are not driven in winter and I keep them as clean as you possibly can

The last two years -- the lip has gotten progressively worse. There are (what appears to be) water and dirt (literally) stained into the rim. It's extremely odd for me -- though this is my 1st set of wheels ever.

I have tried literally every single store product available. Mothers Aluminum Polish, Wadding polish, wheel cleaners, etc. I can sit and work on one wheel for 30 minutes- trying to buff it out -- doesn't make a difference.

My brother in law just told me to go to a truck stop on a hot day and one of those guys that polish semi trailer aluminum tanks could get these clean no problem. I'm doubtful of this.

Please, somebody tell me you've had this issue with aluminum wheels and that you have a solution. I've attached several pictures for review.

Thank you so much,

Sean

Attached Thumbnails Aluminum Wheels -- Please Help!-img_6306.jpg   Aluminum Wheels -- Please Help!-img_6309.jpg   Aluminum Wheels -- Please Help!-img_6310.jpg