General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

how much of a difference

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Default how much of a difference

My boyfriend got the Sentra to run 15.65 completely stock...im guessing thats pretty good but i was wondering how much the basics would help improve the time as in exhaust, header, cold air, and short shifter. Those will most likely be the first modifications i do. One day the turbo kit will come,but i heard they were like 5 grand?!! I'm also going to lower it and get different rims. I know it takes time and patience because my boyfriend is still doing things with his alltrac but im just excited because its my first car ya know! Ok well any comments would be great thanks guys! -Teri-

Old 03-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: how much of a difference

i would save the money and go with a turbo kit or just build your own from scratch and it would be alot cheaper but alot more fabrication. dont waste your time with any n/a bolt ons Boost is the only way to go. do some research on turbo kits for your car, i know turbonetics makes a kit for your car and also there are probably others too but stay away from cheap ebay turbo kits unless you know exactly what brand of turbo it is first. a cat back exhaust would be an extra about 7hp not enough to notice any difference but if you want to start modding it buy stuff that you can still use with a turbo kit for example dont waste your time with Cold air intake or header. but theres my recomendations for your sentra. good luck

Old 03-31-2007, 04:20 PM

I had a spec-v turbo kit i sold it for $1200.But i would start with the basics like full exhaust but get a
good one not a ricey one that sounds like a weed eater. but lower and rims is a good start i have enkei 18's they looked bad *** on my old spec-v.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

What are your goals for the car ? ... A certain amount of hp ? Or are you looking to run a certain time in the 1/4 mile ?

Old 04-08-2007, 05:08 PM

I want it to be able to beat my boyfriends all-trac but i know that is a while ahead (if at all possible). Basically I want to beat any swapped honda that thinks its the **** so somewhere in the 13s with somewhat reliable hp for a dd would satisfy me.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 03SentraSERSpecV

I want it to be able to beat my boyfriends all-trac but i know that is a while ahead (if at all possible). Basically I want to beat any swapped honda that thinks its the **** so somewhere in the 13s with somewhat reliable hp for a dd would satisfy me.
boost it!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

If you are looking for 13's I would agree to go with a good turbo kit and turbo back exhaust.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Burnnout

If you are looking for 13's I would agree to go with a good turbo kit and turbo back exhaust.
+1 but it would defenitely cause you a fortune.

if your really hungry for power but don't have much to spend then go for some aftermarket upgrades like intake, headers and exhaust. begin with cold air intake,. piece by piece. For some its a waste of money but the still you can feel the gain and enjoy your car.