Nissan Frontier This mid sized truck offers the advantages of the full sized Titan with its large bed and great off roading ability, but with a smaller, more efficient engine.

2013 Frontier paint issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 09:17 AM
Default 2013 Frontier paint issues

I'll keep this brief - after one trip to the west coast in our Frontier over Christmas 2015 the panel in front of the rear wheel (both sides) looks like it was sandblasted. The clear coat was pretty much stripped off exposing the undercoat. This was not done by rocks (chips are easy to spot) but rather sand spread on the roads in BC following a snow storm.

I visited the local dealer, Oakwood Nissan in Saskatoon, with my concerns. The service manager took pictures and sent them off to Nissan Canada. Today I got my reply back - the cause was road grime and such and therefore is not covered by warranty.

I've driven this route many times under similar conditions with other vehicles - i.e. Volkswagen Jetta (2008) and have never had paint blasted off the fenders. Clearly there is an issue with Nissan paint. It's obvious from the damage that the box on my truck will start to deteriorate over the next few years. I've touched up the rock chips but cannot get to hundreds of little chips caused by the sand.

I'm not sure what my next move. Perhaps to sell the truck (and never buy nor recommend another Nissan).

Kevin
Saskatoon, SK