Nissan Of Japan Other Models President, Cima, Fuga, Teana, Primera, Primera Wagon, Bluebird Sylphy, Latio, Tiida, Note, Cube3, Cube, March, Moco, Stagea, Avenir, and Wingroad.

need help removing reat seat of micra 1998

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Default need help removing reat seat of micra 1998

I am trying to remove the reat seat (not the back part but the bit one sits on), so I can have the back of the seat flat to make more room through the hatchback.

I have tried to find out how to remove it and even have one of those cdroms with the parts diagram on it, and instructions which suggest pulling a clip under the front of the seat near each side of it, and then lifting the seat up and unhooking it from the rear of it.

I have looked at the seat and all I can see from lifting the front of it up and peering under the cushion part is a flat looking bar that appears to be inserted into an oblong shaped hole in the chassis, but with no way of unlocking it. The carpet is around it i.e. the oblong shape is cut into the carpet so no way of pulling the carpet away to see under it, so I am stuck as to how to remove it. Has anyone got a micra and know how to remove it, or perhaps Nissan use the same method on another car.

Please can anyone help as I really need this facility on my car for camping as all my stuff won't fit in the boot and folding the back down only makes a tilted floor.

Please can someone help ?

Thanks very much.