Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

Pathfinder Alarm with a mind of its own!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Default Pathfinder Alarm with a mind of its own!!

I have a 2002 Pathfinder LE. The what I believe to be factory alarm system goes off any time it feels like it. It usually does it when I am busy doing something or very comfy and relaxed somewhere with my keys in another room or just out of my reach. There can be nothing even near it for miles and it'll still set itself off probably just it irritate me!

Here's what I've tried so far with not fixes to the problem:

I unplugged the the hood pin for the alarm.

I checked all the door jambs EXCEPT the one for the trunk because I cannot locate it if my life depended on it.
-the 4 that I did check all seem to be working properly and are secure. I even pulled them all out to check the condition of the wires and the connection ports.

I removed the anti-horn fuse. (Not sure if the alarm had went off again without the horn but I put the fuse back in because I didn't want it going off with just the lights flashing and draining my battery since I wouldn't know it was going off without actually seeing it.

At this point I do not even care if I keep the alarm system in the vehicle. I just want it to stop going off on it own or just be gone completely. Everything I have attempted to research either hasn't worked or is not any kind of helpful. (For example: "to disable the alarm system press the unlock button on your keyless remote"...yeah that'll shut it off when it's going off but it'll just do it again!)

Also, if I drive over rumble strips or very bumpy road, the door ajar light flashes even though I know that all the doors are shut completely. This lead me to believe that this was related to the alarm probably. Possibly that the vehicle thinks that one of the doors is still open. It seems like all of the door sensors (except the trunk cause I can't find it) are working properly.

Please anyone give me some help before I give my pathfinder a beating.

Thanks guys!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:35 PM

hmm so frustrating! did you try taking it to your nissan dealer? maybe they can reset the computer?