Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

Pathfinder Blower resistor

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Default Pathfinder Blower resistor

I have a 96 Pathfinder LE with a heat/air blower that works rarely. Nothing for several days and then suddenly it will begin blowing and work for a while then back to nothing for a majority of the time.
After looking through several forums I have come to the conclusion that it is most likely the resistor.
It has gotten COLD and I need to go ahead and fix this thing.
My question. These resistors are going for around $120 from suppliers. Is it possible to jump out the resistor either directly or by simply jumping with a common resistor of proper ohms?
I know I sound cheap but times are hard and I would just like to get some air flowing.

Thanks!

Old 12-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Former Sponsor

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...stor/_/N-91tag
^51 dollars at autozone.

I suggest replacing it, unless you can get your hands on a thermal fuse and know how to solder.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:42 AM

are those easy to replace on your own? a friend of mine drives a pathfinder with a similar problem...

Old 01-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Default Fixed... It was the blower

Thanks for the input. The resistor was around $100 used. The blower motor was $35. With over 350k miles on both I figured to go the cheap part first and see what happened. Bought the Blower from my local junker and spent an hour putting it in.

It Worked! Simple job with only a phillips screwdriver needed except for one screw.

Someone needs to explain this screw though. It is on the blower motor right up against the passenger inside fender wall. There is a wiring block right below it that makes it darn near impossible to remove without a small socket, open end, or removing the block.

Had a few new words invented while dealing with this. Otherwise... I GOT HEAT!!!!

Thanks to all.

JohnO