Nissan Quest This minivan offers an economical solution to those who want the size of an SUV, but with greater economy.

200 Quest. What does it all mean?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Default 200 Quest. What does it all mean?

Hello:

I am new to the workings of the Quest, but have some issues that I would like to confirm are all connected.

The problem:

1. The speedometer. It works fine, but when in stop & go traffic, it will stop working (after bouncing a little). It will cease to work until the engine is turned off & on, or sometimes I rev the engine hard, or get back on the open freeway for a while.

Also: My wife says the odometer stops turning at those times also, but I have not witnessed that myself.

Now, the first thing I hear is that I need to change the Vehicle Speed Sensor, but before I do, I wanted to get direct feedback on the following:

2. When the engine starts from cold, I get a malfunction light in the form of the "O/D Off" blinking for about 8 seconds. The manual says this is a sign of transmission trouble. However, every subsequent time the engine is turned on in that day, it no longer gives that warning.

3. I hooked up a OBDII code reader and received the P0325 error, which says the Knock sensor is bad.

So, should I focus on the knock sensor, or keep my focus on the Speed sensor? Or is there something else I am missing? Could these be two or three separate problems? Too coincidental in my opinion.

Lastly, if it is a Speed Sensor issue, I now have the stupid question of the day: Where is it? I have a Haynes manual and they show a somewhat close up of it, but I cannot tell where it is, not to mention their photos don't always show what it looks like with everything else around it. I think it is in the back, right side of the engine compartment (looking down), but I do not see the item as it looks in the photo.

I do have some experience working on other makes of cars. This is my first time delving into the Nissan.

Any help is much appreciated.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:15 PM

Jeremy, The knock sensor is a totally separate issue. For the Knock Sensor, I cut the harness and mounted a new sensor in an unused threaded hole on the front of the engine. It worked great, and the problem has never been back. My Quest is an '02.
John

Old 05-24-2012, 09:09 PM

That's a lot of problem, did you bought that car or you own it before then the problems come out?