Nissan Quest This minivan offers an economical solution to those who want the size of an SUV, but with greater economy.

new to forum - door locks question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Default new to forum - door locks question

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Quest and the forum. We just purchased a slightly used 2006 Quest SE, and so far we really like it. However, one thing bugs me about it and that's the door locks. Besides not giving me a nice little red warning (like most vehicles) as to when the lock is open or closed, also like most modern vehicles, the doors do not automatically lock when you engage the transmission.

I have had several vehicles in the past that lock the doors when you move the transmission out of Park, and then unlock them again when you move back into Park. Not only is it a very convenient feature, but I think it's a very safe one, as well.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling. My question is: can the Quest be reprogrammed to perform this function? If so, must it be done at a dealer, or can aftermarket places thhat create remote start-up features and the like do the mechanics?

Thanks!

Old 06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Default RE: new to forum - door locks question

Good luck with your Quest. Mine is a 2004 S that I had since July 2004. No major problems here and I still like it very much. As for the door locks, did you have GMs in the? They are the only ones that I know of that looks the doors when you put it in drive. I am actully glad that our does not lock and UNLOCK automatically. It does not take muck to reach down and lock the door when you start to drive

Old 03-10-2011, 08:34 PM

Cool. i wanna have this also on my nissan. it is really very convenient because like me who is an everyday driver always tired when going to home sometimes i forgot to press my door lock switch which is very dangerous. so quest is making it. thats nice. oh no an old thread. sorry for digging this up buddies. my bad. sorry.

Last edited by masterjohnson; 03-11-2011 at 07:29 PM.