Nissan Quest This minivan offers an economical solution to those who want the size of an SUV, but with greater economy.

Regular Gas vs Premium Gas

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Default Regular Gas vs Premium Gas

What is wrong with the people at Nissan? Have they all got rocks in their heads? Yesterday I almost bought a 2007 Quest. But I decided to do a little more research. That's when I learned the engine is designed to run on premium gas and that the published specs, i.e. MPG, horsepower, torque, etc are all arrived at using premium gas. Of course no one on the sales staff will inform the potential customer of any of this. In fact the sales manager later denied even knowing about this engines fuel requirement. Neither is this information printed in any of the various brochures given to me. Nissan's website does mention in small print near the bottom of the page that the vehicle will accept regular gas. But it fails to mention how performance or mileage will be affected. A Nissan customer service representative informed me that the use of regular gas will do no "serious" damage to the engine. I assume that any damage that is less than "serious" should be acceptable to the customer.

When regular gas is selling for $3 per gallon and premium gas is selling for $3.40 per gallon, I find Nissan's decision to stick a premium gas engine in a family type minivan and then tell it's customers to use regular gas is unconscionable.

I will never go back to a Nissan showroom.

Roger

Old 10-04-2006, 05:16 AM
Default RE: Regular Gas vs Premium Gas

That's because it is using the same engine as the G35/350Z. VQ35DE.