Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

Oil leaks into my 1997 nissan sentra GXE air filter and MAF???

Old 02-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Default Oil leaks into my 1997 nissan sentra GXE air filter and MAF???

I'm hoping that someone here can help me out with a small situation occuring with my 1997 Nissan Sentra GXE. Ever since I purchase the my car a small slow amout of oil runs from the intake air duct straight into my air filter and it is also occuring throught the Throttle I have tried to change my PCV not once but, twice and yet the oil continue to leak into the air filter and the intake...and I also notice that my car is kinda loosing some power when Im on the HWY at time I have to really push down on the accelerater in oder for it the catch up to speed could this situation accuring due to my oil leaking into the air filter and throttle and if YES.... How??? and What??? must I do to resolve this matter??? Please help me I have run out of solutions I have even tune up the entire car from: Spark plugs & Cables, Distributor Cap & Rotor, Batter & Negative battery cable, the positve cable seem to look just to me...PCV2X. Transmission filter, Starter, Alternator, O/2 Sensor and Yet the oil continue to do the same thing end up in my air filter....The car only has 117K miles I even change the oil ever 3,000 mile or Three months helppppppppppppppppppp pleaseeeeeee...Also just in case some one in the forum inform me that I might have Blowbye it can be because I have no light blue smoke coming out of my tail light and that would be and Indercation of Blowbye meaning that my piston seal are gone I already check with my fiance'e cousin who is a mechanic though he doesn't have time to check or resolve the oil leakage of my car... I can surely use some goooood advice on solving this matter also the car doesn't want to start right up in the morning but, once it does it ok to park the car for a few hrs and it start up right away it just won't start up from one day to another I thinking it because of the oil leaking into the filter and throttle situation hellllllllllllllllllp pleaseeee

Old 02-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Oil leaks into my 1997 nissan sentra GXE air filter and MAF???

do you have a k&n air filter cause people sometimes over oil them when the clean them.