Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

Trying to source an oil pan for a B12

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:06 AM
Default Trying to source an oil pan for a B12

Surprisingly hard to find.. but then, I'm new to Nissan and don't know all the sites yet. My oil pan is either rusting through, or is punctured - I just picked the car up 3 days ago, and tonight I was changing the oil and such. I went to the gas station to fill up so I could mix in some injector cleaner, and discovered a small pool of fresh oil where I was parked. So I got under the car and checked it out, and discovered that it wasn't coming from the filter like I hoped, but rather from the bottom of the pan itself, roughly in the center of the higher level part of the bottom. I brushed my finger across the spot, and a piece of rust or something flaked off - inadvertantly making the drip a bit faster. Crap.

So long story short, I need an oil pan - I'd rather replace it than try fixing it, since I don't have the tools, and the older piece isn't in the greatest shape anyhow. I looked on Napa. and they're selling them for about $115. Anyone know if that's the cheapest they come? I didn't see anything on Ebay, and I'm not sure of any reliable used parts websites that stock a lot of Nissan parts. Thanks in advance for the help - if I don't hear a lower price in the next couple days, I'll go ahead and order it.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Trying to source an oil pan for a B12

yeah oil pan should be easy to replace just be sure to silicone the pan when putting it back on, and drain back out all the oil.

Napa might be a little more, but they always have everything in stock and is good quailty.