Nissan Xterra The Xterra offers a more compact alternative to the Pathfinder, without compromising interior size, and with the optional supercharged engine, it is not all bark and no bite.

Dash lights help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Default Dash lights help?

Hey guys,
I drive a 2000 Nissan Xterra (4wd, 6 cyl automatic). I had been having some problems with the truck not wanting to start so I checked it out and there was a loose connection on the battery terminal. I tightened it up and everything seems to be going fine. Then tonight, all of a sudden, I don't have dash lights or tail lights at all. My brake lights work fine, my radio, blower, the digital odometer, and even the seat belt light and the 4wd lights all work fine. I checked the fuses. I finally found one that said, "Tail" and replaced it (even though it wasn't blown). No help. I noticed that there was another wire connected directly to the battery and it had a 20 amp inline fuse. It was blown so I replaced it (I have no idea what that even goes to), but that didn't fix the problem. I even went back and checked to see if that fuse got blown again, but it did not. Please please please help me out here. I don't want to have to take this to a shop and spend God knows how much because I'm still a student. Thanks for your help!
Curt