General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Pathfinder Blower Not Working...Need Help!

Old 08-17-2005, 09:46 PM
Default Pathfinder Blower Not Working...Need Help!

My airconditioning blower in my 2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE does not work. I can hear the Air Conditioner clicking on and off, but the fan doesn't blow any air on any speed. It has the auto climate control. It actually stopped blowing a week ago, and then the next day it started again. It has once again stopped.

I would like to see if there is a simple solution before I bring it in to the tech. Is there a fuse somewhere? Any ideas what may be causing this, and if it's simple to fix?

Your time is greatly appreciated,
Costas

Old 08-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Default RE: Pathfinder Blower Not Working...Need Help!

WOW! What a hoppin forum. What's it take, about a month to get a reply?

Old 08-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Administrator

im sorry, i had a family emergency and was not able to check the forum, thanks for your patience.

does the blower work when it is on the heater settings?

i know that alot of newer cars have problems with blower motor resistors, but when that happens, it is usually a case where the fan will work on some settings, but not others. are you mechanically inclined? do you own a service or shop manual? i know that on dodge trucks, the part isnt expensive, but it is a bit lengthy to change.

Old 08-22-2005, 06:31 PM

Hi Patrick,

No Problem. I was just being impatient, but appreciate your reply.

Actually, I just tried all the settings and the blower just doesn't turn on at all. It originally stopped working a couple of weeks ago, then it restarted the next day so I knew it couldn't have been a fuse. Then it eventually stopped and restarted another time and finally it has been stopped for the last few days and has not started again.

I am somewhat mechanically inclined, but I just don't know where to start. Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Costas

Old 09-01-2005, 11:15 PM

Patrick, you still around? [:-]

Anybody, Anybody!!

Old 09-15-2005, 04:13 PM

I guess nobody is around! It doesn't matter anymore anyway, since someone from another forum helped me get it working again.

Old 01-08-2006, 03:32 PM

Mine only works on high....I changed the switch and relay but no help. Does the pathfinder have a resistor card and where is it located?

Thanks

Old 11-02-2006, 10:47 AM

OK......

I have a 2002 Pathfinder with Auto climate control and the blower moter would run continously. Not your problem but hear me out.
A Nissan technician told me it was the control head....after replacing it I still had the problem. It appears that quite a few Nissans have blower resistor pack problems but there is no such part for the auto climate control model...at least they do not call it the same thing. But, after much research I found a "module assembly" that would seem to provide similar functionality as the resistor pack for the manual controls. This module could fail open or shorted as mine had faied. Unfortunately the part is expensive, but seemed logical that it was the failing part.....so I replaced it and the blower motor returned to normal function.

The part is Part#27761-70T3 and is called "module assy". It was around $160 from Nissan. The part is located behind the glove compartment and the blower motor plugs directly into it. Good Luck.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

The part you are referring to is a power module that is on the side of the evaporator case.....the part number is 27761-70T03 by the way. .....

As far as your problem, Alan911... you need a new blower motor resistor. When it only blows on high it always mean the resistor.... part number is 27150-0W014....runs about $50-$55 shipped.....PM me if you're interested.

~Dan

Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 PM

I am having the same blower problem on my 2002 Pathfinder. I goes all the time. I unplugged the clip from the motor to make it stop. Now where is this resistor. I looked inside the vehicle next to the blower motor, but don't see the same thing that I see online when trying to order it. The item isn't in view under the glove box. Where is the best place to purchase this item to make sure I getthe right part. I am seeing similar parts side by side at RockAuto Parts Catalog online, but don't know which to buy.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pathfinder Blower Not Working...Need Help!