Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

Does anyone here have a "SQUEAK"

Old 01-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Default Does anyone here have a "SQUEAK"

So I have a 2005 Pathfinder that makes this squeaky noise. It seems to be coming from the suspension or wheel well and I believe it is in the front. I have taken it to the dealership 3 times for this and they tell me they cant hear anything. Does anyone have any ideas or have this issue in the past?

Old 01-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Default RE: Does anyone here have a "SQUEAK"

My '05 had a random squeak. It turned out to be the serpentine belt. I have about 25,000 miles on it. It sounded like a bird chirping. Everyone was telling methat it was probably an AC pulley, alt pulley, etc. The belt surface was just glazed.

Replaced the belt, squeak gone! BTW, the factory belt was only $11.23 retail!

Old 01-06-2007, 07:32 PM

I too have what sounds like a slight suspension squeak after a few miles on rough roads. I'm leaving it until the first service before I try to get it fixed. If I find out what it is I 'll pass it on...

Old 01-11-2007, 08:46 PM

I have the same problem...06 9k

Old 01-15-2007, 02:58 PM

haha, everyone things I am crazy too. It isnt all that loud, it is just annoying. JohnW if you find out what it was please pass it along. And to BMX thank you for your input too, I will have the dealer check that out.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:57 PM

Seeing as how I don't even have my Pathfinder yet, take this with a grain of salt. I also have IFS on my current ride, a 2000 Dodge Durango. It ended up squeaking every once in a while, sometimes extremely loud. I had to pull off the sway bar & install new aftermarket bushings, which actually helped for a while. The squeak started again, so I had to remove the sway bar & grease the bushings to end the noise. Unfortunately, I have to do that once a year (thanks for nothing, Dodge). I don't know if it would be the same thing in the PF, but I would definitely pay attention to when the noise is actually made. I could only hear mine when going over bumps or speedbumps.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:12 AM

I finally fixed the problem..... It's the rubber on both brackets that hold the radiator on top on each side. Also I put cloth tape on the hood bumpers.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:56 PM

I just purchased the 08 Pathfinder a couple of months ago, brand now. I have approximately 1500 miles on the vehicle, and I hear this very annoying squeaking/chirping sound near the hood of the vehicle. Sometimes, I am able to hear it when I shut the door. I had the same problem with my 03 Maxima, and had to take it back to the dealership for repair about five times before my warranty expired. Why is this still an ongoing issue with Nissan?[:@]

Old 12-05-2008, 04:42 PM

ha ha, just checked this forum out for the first time and here's this thread! 05 Pathy w 36k miles, just bought it used, drove it 5 times. i hear a very faint squeak over bumpy road too and it also seems to be coming from front suspension.

also noticed a pronounced belt chatter last night - went away after it warmed up - truck was sitting for a few really wet days.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:09 AM

Hi! I have been getting a squeaking noise and after talking to the dealership ended up here. LOL Heres ny story.... 06 Pathy around 50K. We bought this Pathfinder brand new! Had almost no mileage on it because it was off of the showroom floor. It went to squeaking about three weeks after we bought it. It was really obvious that it was the pulley from the belt tensioner. I have felt ever since that Nissan must have installed a bad batch of them just based on the way the dealership treated the situation. Ofcourse the pathy was under warrenty, so they fixed it, but it was the phone conversation I had with the guy in the service department that makes me feel this way. I didn't tell him who I was or what I wanted, I just asked him if they stocked the pulleys. I then would have asked him how quickly he could get me in for a replacement job. But he must have thought I was a mechanic because he said "Man I just got a whole truck load of them... how many do you want?" I laughed and said I just want one, and I want you to put it on this Pathfinder I just bought a couple of weeks ago! So they put it on no problem and no charge (my first ever warrentied vehicle... man that was cool!) and I haven't had another problem till now.

Problem is this time the warrenty is out! I will be more than happy to let the dealership work on it if I have a problem that I'm not comfertable messing with, but changing out that little pulley shoul be a no brainer. (If I can get the tensioner arm off... man they put that bolt in tight! []) So I was wondering if anybody here knows what the part number of that pulley is or the bearing replacement, or even better a link to some exploded views of the engine? Thanks