Nissan Murano The sporty Murano offers a smooth ride and compact size for those who need the usefulness of an SUV, but not the size.

06 Murano gas tank problem

Old 06-22-2006, 09:41 PM
Default 06 Murano gas tank problem

I just bought an 06 Murano. The first 2 times I tried to fill up the gas tank, the nozzle kept clicking off. It took me 15-20 minutes to click my way to a full tank, squeezing in a few ounces at a time. Very frustrating. The third time I filled it up, everything was ok. Has anyone else seen this problem or know of a way to fix it? Thanks!

Old 07-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Default RE: 06 Murano gas tank problem

it could have been the gas station self. the problem your having is not common so dont look to far in to it.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Default RE: 06 Murano gas tank problem

what i do when that happens just take out the gas pump like halfway and pump away it should work a little better

Old 10-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Default Same Problem

I know this is 3.5 years later, but I just purchased an '06 Murano and I am having the same problems. I have used 5 different gas stations and have never been able to fill up the tank because the auto shutoff keeps clicking and eventually won't take any gas at all. I try different positions with the handle, partially out, etc. and no luck. Was anybody able to find a solution to this?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:33 PM

So its become popular in my gangster Showdowns to shoot at the gas tank of a car and try to make it explode.Ive been house ruling it myself but was wondering what you guys would do? Or how you would handle it? _______________________________________Website I designed for cash advance canada company.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Default Same problem with 09 Murano

I just bought an 09 Murano and am having the same problem. We have other vehicles and do not have problems at the same pumps. We have had the problem at several different stations. It does not happen every time, but happens intermittently. Anybody ever answer with a solution? Did problem go away?

Old 12-12-2009, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by nissanmurano
I just bought an 09 Murano and am having the same problem. We have other vehicles and do not have problems at the same pumps. We have had the problem at several different stations. It does not happen every time, but happens intermittently. Anybody ever answer with a solution? Did problem go away?
I called the dealer, and they were really no help at all. What we have done is don't insert the nozzle as far is you could and start off slow, like at the first notch in the gas handle, and then after a couple of gallons start increasing. It sucks because it takes longer to fuel up, but ever since we started doing this it hasn't happened. Let me know if this works for you!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:13 AM

I just cant get past the grille... its killing me. Im not a prospective buyer of this vehicle class, but if I was Id have to go EX before I could get the Murano JUST because of the grille... or wait for an aftermarket replacement.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:41 PM

So I was filling my almost empty tank today, and about half tank, the pump stopped. So I took it out, and my tank was bubbling and over filling. A bit of gas came out, and it kept bubbling, but slowed down, and finally settled. Then I filled up the rest of my tank.What just happened? Is it a problem? Ive never experienced that before.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:23 PM

Any one know were I can buy a replacement gas tank filler neck. I have the grommit but the neck, some of the lip on the neck broke off some how. I spill gas every time I take a left hand turn. Thank you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 Murano gas tank problem