Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

2005 Nissan altima 2005

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Default 2005 Nissan altima 2005

Hello friends, I have a question.

Last week I bought a used car from craigslist, its a 2005 Nissan Altima, it has 43000 miles. After I bought it, i did a carfax report (it was a mistake not doing it before). The car was involved in two car accidents, but nothing major, the title is clean. The previous owner told me, everything was working good and no problems whatsoever. So I believed him and thought it was a good deal to buy a car with low millage. Now I am having second thoughts and i am worried. I used all of my savings to buy this car, after driving it for a while, when it comes to a stop light and I press on the brake, the car vibrates somewhat. Buy my main concern is when taking off and changing gears from 1 to the 2 it jerks somewhat, but thats only from 1 to 2, or when is picking up power. Today My friend drove it and he said maybe because of the motor and transmission mounts going bad, it might be the cause of the jerking issue. I don't have any money to take it to have it checked, so I am coming here hoping somebody would tell me is not going to be the transmission. I checked the transmission fluids and its looks pretty red clean, does anyone know what can it be, and would be expensive to fix, if its the transmission with only 43000 miles, no check engine light, car drives pretty smooth. I am already fried. I appreciate you input, and thank you in advance.

eleazar

Last edited by eleazar; 11-04-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:36 PM

Sounds like motor mounts, try grabbing your engine by the oil fill and mice It back and fourth while looking at your motor mounts, if they look really loose, there's your issue. if your really worried about transmission problems take it to a tranny shop, most of the time they week test drive it and yell you what's wrong, either way, it doesn't sound like a major issue. Don't worry too much Man, enjoy your purchase.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Default Mohsin

omewhat. Buy my main concern is when taking off and changing gears from 1 to the 2 it jerks somewhat, but thats only from 1 to 2, or when is picking up power. Today My friend drove it and he said maybe because of the motor and transmission mounts going bad, it might be the cause of the jerking issue. I don't have any money to take it to have it checked, so I am coming here hoping somebody would tell me is not going to be the transmission. I checked the transmission fluids and its looks pretty red clean, does anyone know what can it be, and would be expensive to fix, if its the transmission with only 43000 miles, no check engine light, car drives pretty smooth.