Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

Help - DTC P0725 and P0335 (Check Engine)

Old 03-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Default Just to clarify...

Hi all: I realize this is an old thread but was very helpful in my searching for an answer to the problem my brother is having with his 06 Altima 2.5L. The car just quit and stalled. He was able to restart it, check eng light came on. He brought it to Autozone and they OBD'd it to find the same 2 codes as in this thread. They cleared the codes and the light did not re-light. Which of the two sensors would you change first? It looks like they are held in place by a single 10mm screw and O ring. The dealer wants an exorbitant amount to change it (sensors + labor $350!!). The car has only 27K on it and is 5 mos out of warranty according to the dealer. I've called Nissan Corporate to ask for a goodwill servicing; haven't heard back.

Ideas?

doc

Old 03-30-2010, 03:11 PM

...as a supplement to the above, he turned the car off for an hour, upon starting the Check Engine light came back on.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Thumbs up Just the facts Maam... LOL

2004 Altima 2.5

Yesterday the car started acting funny, the engine light came on and then I did the gas pedal thing to retrieve the codes... 0335 & 0725. Anyhow after reading all the other posts, I decided to call the stealership to see what they had to say about it especially after I read the post about a recall. The previous post in regards to the recall is not correct for the 2004, BUT the good news is that there is another recall where they still have to re-program the ECU for another possible stalling problem. If you have a California emissions vehicle, the sensor is covered for 15 years or 150,000 miles, so it turned out to be free of charge and they did the current recall as well!! It felt good to get something done at the stealership and not having to get ripped off...

For those of you that do not have a Cali vehicle, only the "crankshaft position sensor" needs to be replaced even though your car may have thrown 2 codes. The "speed sensor" code is triggered by the faulty "crankshaft sensor", so there is no need to replace that one.

Hope this info helps... Good luck!

Rudy.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:38 AM

I would keep it.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Default P0725 and P0335

Originally Posted by ZU_5
About three days ago my car stalled.. a day after the SE light went on and I could tell that it is getting worst as my 2004 Nissan Altima continues to stall and has trouble starting.

My fiance checked the codes and its P0335 & P0725.. I can not believe we are all having the same problem!!

Tomorrow I am taking my car to the dealership.. I hope they can fix it quickly and not be too expensive.

2006 altima. I replaced the sensor and I still have the same problem. What did the dealership do for you. Crank shaft and Camshaft sensor, are they the same sensor?

Old 12-12-2011, 12:05 AM

maybe the censor didn't match... try other sensor.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:31 AM

Hi all, I am having this same issue with my 2006 Altima as most of you are. I had the cam shaft sensor and the crank shaft sensor changed and I still my service engine lite pops back on. When driving my speedometer will read 60mph but the car feels more like I am going 40mph and if I go over 60mph the car begins to shake. Needless to say that I am now fustrated. Any of you have any info that can help resolve my car drama.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Default Change Sensors

Originally Posted by joel1316
My wifes 2004 Altima 2.5S came up with a Service Engine Soon.
I hooked up with a OBD II reader and came up with:
P0725 - Engine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
and
P0335 - Cranshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction
The car seems to be running fine with no problems and the codes has not returned yet. Should I still bring the Altima in to the dealer?
Your ck eng light will come on again. Change both. Mine got worse and worse. I finally changed both. No problems after that. I disconnected neg ground, and reconnected it, ck eng light cleared. All is well!

Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Default Hmmmm!

I changed both of mine too, but no problems yet. I will test drive mine like you explained and see if it happens to me too. The cost of both sensors was around $65 at Autozone. I changed both myself. Easy, but the Crankshaft was a little harder. Ask "Installing a CrankShaft Sensor on my 2006 Altima" on UTube. It sure helped me alot.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:04 PM

I changed both of mine too, but no problems yet. I will test drive mine like you explained and see if it happens to me too. The cost of both sensors was around $65 at Autozone. I changed both myself. Easy, but the Crankshaft was a little harder. Ask "Installing a CrankShaft Sensor on my 2006 Altima" on UTube. It sure helped me alot.
congrats!I haven't applied this to mine because everything is still good... I'll contact you here if I need some help. $65 is not bad after all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help - DTC P0725 and P0335 (Check Engine)