Nissan Forum - Nissan Enthusiast Forums

Nissan Forum - Nissan Enthusiast Forums (https://nissanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Nissan Tech (https://nissanforum.com/forum/general-nissan-tech-9/)
-   -   terrano 2.4 se petrol 98 problems (https://nissanforum.com/forum/general-nissan-tech-9/terrano-2-4-se-petrol-98-problems-15452/)

bcheeseman 06-15-2011 05:08 AM

terrano 2.4 se petrol 98 problems

hi all. i have got a terrano and have got problems when starting it. when it starts it ticks over ok, soon as u give gas it splutters and farts and makes alot of engine noise. a friend told me to clean the mfu on side of carb.that was very dirty. then i got told to nock it to see if it works , dont that and no change. so its working fine. then he told me to unplug the ecu unit ? but i can not find one ? why? do the petrol ones have them ? or have they hidden it well. i have looked every where the web has told me to look , but with no luck.can anyone help and suggest any other ideas. im running out of them. lol. thanks for reading. will leave page up and check . thank you :D

bcheeseman 06-15-2011 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by bcheeseman (Post 26529)
hi all. i have got a terrano and have got problems when starting it. when it starts it ticks over ok, soon as u give gas it splutters and farts and makes alot of engine noise. a friend told me to clean the mfu on side of carb.that was very dirty. then i got told to nock it to see if it works , dont that and no change. so its working fine. then he told me to unplug the ecu unit ? but i can not find one ? why? do the petrol ones have them ? or have they hidden it well. i have looked every where the web has told me to look , but with no luck.can anyone help and suggest any other ideas. im running out of them. lol. thanks for reading. will leave page up and check . thank you :D

found the ecu. its under the consol near hand brake. well taken plugs out to reset it. see if that helps?

full house 06-20-2011 09:42 PM

found the ecu. its under the consol near hand brake. well taken plugs out to reset it. see if that helps?
would that help you??? I think there something you need to do... Just can't figure it out...

dineshkigul 06-21-2011 01:21 AM

nice post ,

bcheeseman 06-21-2011 08:03 AM

found the problem.

Originally Posted by full house (Post 26549)
would that help you??? I think there something you need to do... Just can't figure it out...

i found out what i needed to do , was get a can of petrol and a lighter. but before i did , i found out now the problem after all this. it was the little plate in the distrbutor. had a slight bend, replaced it and the terrano works like new. how bloomin simple was that. and annoying too. engine got a full make over , just for a stupid plate just being bent. well ill know next time. thanks for all your help and amazing comments !!!!!!! but as always find the prob yourself is always better. cheers brian