Nissan Forum - Nissan Enthusiast Forums

Nissan Forum - Nissan Enthusiast Forums (https://nissanforum.com/forum/)
-   Nissan 300zx (https://nissanforum.com/forum/nissan-300zx-17/)
-   -   My 300zx dies out on me often!!! need help!!! (https://nissanforum.com/forum/nissan-300zx-17/my-300zx-dies-out-me-often-need-help-2367/)

Mr_Yos 09-05-2006 04:53 AM

My 300zx dies out on me often!!! need help!!!

1991 300zx non turbo

when i drive at high speed like 60mph plus my car would die out and sometime it wouldn't start untill like a couple days later usually 2 days it would crank over, but wouldn't start.
it also would die out when i floor it and sometime before it dies out it seem like the car is choking and the rpm would jump up and down like crazy.
I need to know whats wrong with it, plz help me!!!

Zulater 10-16-2006 11:27 PM

RE: My 300zx dies out on me often!!! need help!!!

i whould start by dong a fuel pressure check might be your fuel pump

Zulater 10-16-2006 11:27 PM

i whould start by dong a fuel pressure check might be your fuel pump

lakmflx 01-09-2007 11:57 AM

Just like Zulater said check the fuel pressure/fuel pump. Also has the car had a tune up recently? Other things you might want to check if the fuel press and pump are ok is your MAF, fuel filter and fuel injectors.

nismo89Z 01-09-2007 05:52 PM

your MAF is usually the case in a nissan with this problem i've been there and done that. i would justgo to a junkyard with the best quality and look for one i've done it before and it fixed the problem quickly, and to this day i haven't had it anymore.

NismoZ32 02-11-2008 11:48 AM

I have a similiar problem, my car would die going down a shallow grade hill at around 60. My Z would just die and i would have to start mid hill or ride it down. I replaced my water pump and discovered the front gasket was worn out and the pump was shot. I replaced it and the problem was fixed for a few weeks.

einar 03-11-2008 10:00 AM

i had/still have this problem with my nissan skyline gts4, its a automatic and it would stall all the time. i ended up changing the engine since it started to smoke and the car didnt change gear at the rpm it should, i could rev the a/t to 7800rpm before it changed gear in 2nd gear, wich shouldnt happen.. pistons were burned already when i bought it... stupid as i am, the other engine i bought was a red top rb20det, i had to change to manual and rwd.. it then worked for a while but it keept overheating even with two extra fans! changed fuel pump since the old was bad, the engine behaves sluggish and wont rev past 3600rpm and when i try to adjust the screw behind the engine, nothing happens, when i adjust timing, the car stays alive at 1800rpm, but will give me a hard time starting it.. any lower and it would end up dying...
ive read here that if you have aftermaket filter, especially hks(wich i tought was great) it could damage your MAF.. my MAF is either very dirty or its done already.. and i can also have a lot more problems...
so now im gona change my MAF, and hopefully it works.. and get rid of my hks filter for a better one.
if anyone here knows what my problem could be, go ahead tell me!:)

autodealer 10-04-2010 05:27 AM

Looks like the car is loosing fuel pressure or lost it's timing better go to a mechanic and check it the the alignment of the timing belt is match.