Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5L engine will turn over but not start

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Default 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5L engine will turn over but not start

My wife pulled her Altima out of the garage yesterday, started fine and it set in the driveway all day then it wouldn't start last night. Would turn over fine and do everything but start. Kind of had a smell of fuel after you would try and start it. Had read somewhere on the internet last night that it could maybe be caused by a bad coolant temp sensor. Car thinks its colder than it is so it pushes more fuel to it and floods it. Made sense to me so I changed the coolant temp sensor this morning but car still wont start. Any thoughts on what I should try next? Should I look at the crankshaft position sensor? All local garages are closed for the weekend so I need to get this fixed so my wife can get to work Monday. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by hoosierfarmer21
My wife pulled her Altima out of the garage yesterday, started fine and it set in the driveway all day then it wouldn't start last night. Would turn over fine and do everything but start. Kind of had a smell of fuel after you would try and start it. Had read somewhere on the internet last night that it could maybe be caused by a bad coolant temp sensor. Car thinks its colder than it is so it pushes more fuel to it and floods it. Made sense to me so I changed the coolant temp sensor this morning but car still wont start. Any thoughts on what I should try next? Should I look at the crankshaft position sensor? All local garages are closed for the weekend so I need to get this fixed so my wife can get to work Monday. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.
Sounds like it's already flooded, can happen when moving the car a very Short distance then turning it off right away. Try pressing the gas all the way to the floor and cranking It over for 30 second intervals, it should start

Old 01-15-2018, 05:20 PM
Default altima will turn over but not start

I would start by removing the plugs check if soaked with gas clean with carb cleaner and reinstall.