Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

TCS Off Light & Slip Light Both On

Old 11-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Default TCS Off Light & Slip Light Both On

Well, I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to share my 1st problem with my 2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE.

I bought the car used, and I've had it about 7 months. 2 months ago I purchased an AEM cold air intake. Well, last week my car stalled on the highway. So, not knowing what the problem was I started the car back up and continued to drive. Car drove fine, till the next day when it wouldn't start. I finally got it started and got it home. The next day on my way to work my TCS Off light and my Slip light both came on and the car wouldn't rev over 2,000 RPMs. So, I took it to Nissan and it comes to find out that my Mass Air Flow Meter was bad. Apparently, my cold air intake was sucking up water which shorted out the Mass Air Flow Meter. Well since the meter went bad, it sent my ECM into a default mode, so Nissan had to reprogram my entire ECM. In the end it cost me $800, but fix it. Needless to say, I will be getting rid of my cold air intake and putting the factory crap back on.