Nissan Armada If the Pathfinder does not offer enough room for you, the Armada is the sUV for you. This full sized SUV offers the power of the Titan and the passenger room of any full sized SUV.

Key fob damaged?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2024 | 08:18 PM
|
Default Key fob damaged?

New guy to nissan vehicles here. Gotta weird question.
a couple weeks ago I bought my wife a 19' armada sv.
i thought the battery was low in the fob because the unlock button didn't work, yet the lock button does and the remote start button worked, or so I thought.
fast forward to a couple days ago, I discovered that the lock button on the fob unlocks the doors and the remote start button locks the doors. The rest of the buttons function as normal, panic button, power lift gate button. It looks kinda like a dog has gotten ahold of the key fob at some point. Couple the internal circuit board be damaged (didn't appear to have any visible damage when I replaced the battery) or could the fob have gotten partially un programmed? Or is it possible that the vehicle didnt come with remote start, but someone got a new fob with remote start and had it programmed for the vehicle and the programming got messed up?
thanks in advance!