Nissan Murano The sporty Murano offers a smooth ride and compact size for those who need the usefulness of an SUV, but not the size.

I-Key Warning & Won't Start - SOS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 11:12 AM
Unhappy I-Key Warning & Won't Start - SOS!

I received the following dashboard message when trying to start my car last week: Key system error: See owner's manual. The car would not start but the lights, display screen, charger, lift gate would all work. I could not use the key fob and the interior power locks wouldn't work either. The tow truck was able to start it by jumping it and brought it to the Nissan dealer. They told me they could not replicate the message and that it started for them. Then, I was told the check engine light came on and that there was an error code indicating the ADAS control unit needed to be replaced. $840 later, the new part was installed, I drove 10 miles after picking up my car to get gas, and the car would not start and gave me the same "Key system error: see owner's manual warning." This time, we were not able to jump start the car and, again, had it towed back to the dealer. At this point, I am just shy of $1000 in on tows, parts, and labor only to have the same issue. The service writer is not very helpful, and I feel as though they are just throwing parts at the vehicle. I do not have the money to continue to pay for guesswork. Has anyone had a similar issue or could offer some advice? Thank you!