Nissan Forum - Nissan Enthusiast Forums

Nissan Forum - Nissan Enthusiast Forums (https://nissanforum.com/forum/)
-   Nissan Pathfinder (https://nissanforum.com/forum/nissan-pathfinder-16/)
-   -   New 2007 Pathfinder owner (https://nissanforum.com/forum/nissan-pathfinder-16/new-2007-pathfinder-owner-2760/)

TexasPathF 11-07-2006 11:59 AM

New 2007 Pathfinder owner

Hi there!
I just bought my first Pathfinder a couple of days ago. Is a 2007 SE 4x4 with Comfort, Premium and Leather Packages. It's desert stone... yes the new color, is really nice.
I would like to know where can I purchase the rear cargo cover. I live in the Houston Area and I had two computers stolen previously... so I'm paranoid about letting anything visible inside my vehicle.
Help will be appreciated.
Thanks and safe driving,

TexasPathF

JohnW 12-19-2006 07:56 AM

RE: New 2007 Pathfinder owner

Hi, are you serious? Is your dealer having a laugh? ALL Pathfinder models in the UK come with the load cover as standard!!!!

You are being ripped off mate!!!!

Burnnout 12-19-2006 10:41 AM

They don't make a cargo area cover for the 05 and up Pathfinder.

Xaero 12-19-2006 10:46 PM

In Europe they do...

TexasPathF 12-20-2006 11:16 AM

Can you provide a dealer's contact info in the UK to see if I'm able to order one from there. Dealer's here in the US are lazy and negligent most of the times. They are only trying to find a way to rip you off here.

Burnnout 12-20-2006 08:00 PM

It is not something a dealership in the US can get for you bro.... I don't see how that makes dealerships lazy.:eek:

Fraggle2005 12-21-2006 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: TexasPathF

Can you provide a dealer's contact info in the UK to see if I'm able to order one from there. Dealer's here in the US are lazy and negligent most of the times. They are only trying to find a way to rip you off here.
I could get one if there avail. Its just a part number, OH sorry too lazy.

Edited to add:
God, customers are so mis-led

TexasPathF 12-24-2006 12:39 PM

Ok Fraggle... thanks but no thanks. You didn't help me change my mind about car dealerships. But I forgot to mention that they are not that lazy but only for one thing... selling you a car, that's it, after that even the salesman walks by you and he doesn't even say hello... yeah, those are car dealerships here in the Houston area.
If there is anybody that could help me, it will be really appreciated.
Thanks, Merry Christmas and Safe Driving!

TexasPathF

tequila.brad 12-27-2006 04:45 PM

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I was in Galveston last weekend, I took our (new to us) 2005 Pathfinder on a road trip. I stopped in Conroe at Streater Smith Nissan on I45, to ask about the cover. The guy at the counter couldn't help me, and the service manager was sitting in his office, and couldn't be bothered to get up and walk out to answer any questions. They hollered back and forth at each other for a while, and the best they did was give me Nissan's toll free #. I called Nissan, and all I got was "please go see a Nissan dealer".
The most frustrating part of it is, they manufactured the appropriate fittings into the rear panels, for the retractable tonneau to attach. Yet they don't make the cover? There is not any place of concealment to put laptop, digital SLR, or anything else of size and value, in the 05, 06, or 07 Pathfinder. Every other SUV in the Nissan family has a provision, except the new Pathfinder. It makes absolutely NO sense.

tequila.brad 12-27-2006 04:48 PM

I have a friend in Wales, England that works for Ricardo Systems. Ricardo designed the transmission and rear axle for the Bugatti Veyron and the new Ford 40. I'll see if I can get him to hit up some places over there, to see what is, or isn't available.