Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

Power Window help

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:45 AM
Default Power Window help

I drive a 1999 Nissan Sentra....my driver side window won't work....have replaced the motor AND switch and it still won't work....after trying to fix it tonight, we blew a fuse for the rear passenger window and it won't roll down...we have narrowed both problems down to a fuse, only problem is....we can't find the fuse....yes, we looked at the box in the dash and the 3 obvious ones under the hood and could only find one generic "power window" fuse....shouldn't there be individual fuses for each window somewhere?? Any suggestions on where to look or what the problem might be?? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Old 06-12-2006, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Power Window help

theres only one power window fuse it sounds to me that you have a short if you keep on blowing fuses, cause if you properly replaced the p/w motor and switch it should work as long as it has a good power and ground so check to make sure you dont have a loose ground or a short on the power side. Do all the other windows operate fine with the master switch on the drivers door?

Old 06-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Default RE: Power Window help

Thanks so much for your reply to my question!! I am not too familiar with this, it's my brother that's working on it, so I will try and make sense and all that good stuff!!
All of the windows work except the driver's window and the passenger's rear....The driver's is the original unworking one, The other one is the one he tried to tap into to check if that made a difference...(when tapped into it the rear, the driver's window did open...)
The fuse that is under the hood has not been blown, that's why we assumed there were individual ones....
Thanks for your input!!!
~ans~