Nissan Xterra The Xterra offers a more compact alternative to the Pathfinder, without compromising interior size, and with the optional supercharged engine, it is not all bark and no bite.

Xterra stops suddenly

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Post Xterra stops suddenly

Recently our 2005 Xterra has been stalling (engine stops running - but radio all else going) regularly. My husband drove it a few days ago and it stopped suddenly and would not start running ( and made a blub blub noise - sounds funny I know).

Got it towed home for a pricey cost and by then we had depleted the battery. We had it towed to the dealership in Calgary and they declared that our battery was faulty and the connection and deemed the vehicle good to go even though we were VERY concerned. They did not feel it necessary to check any other possibilities and ignored our concerns. I'm not a mechanic but even I didn't think it seemed to fit the symptoms.

That was 2 days ago. After driving it for the first time to Calgary today, it stopped on the major highway out of town while driving in the middle lane *yikes*. Managed to get it started again and home in the driveway. We'll try to get Nissan to take a "deeper" look. Confidence is dwindling.

Anyone else had these issues? Confidence in Nissan dwindling....

Old 07-31-2010, 03:30 AM

I just had a similar situation happen two weeks ago. It could be brake pads -- which could be like $150. If it has damaged the rotors, you are looking at something more like $450 - $600. One thing you should check is if there has been a recall on the brakes. I have a Ford 500 with 65,000 miles on it -- but because of the recall, I didn't pay a penny. I am usually not that lucky -- believe me!!!