Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Problem with Bose and aftermarket head unit

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 12:36 AM
Default Problem with Bose and aftermarket head unit

I have a 92 Maxima SE with the bose amps/speakers and aftermarket head unit with bypass, which has been working just fine for the past 7+ years that I've owned it. About a year ago, my rear right speaker blew, so I just unplugged the wire harness leading to that amp. Then last month, my right front amp fried. I have replaced both with used bose components, and they still don't work. I tested the outputs from the head unit and they are ok, so I replaced the bypass...still not working. To add insult to injury, on my way home tonight, the last remaining working amps/speakers are starting whine and buzz. Any advice on what the problem is or how to troubleshoot from this point? Thanks in advance!!

Old 11-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Default RE: Problem with Bose and aftermarket head unit

From what I read, I thought the Bose speakers only worked with the headunit. By replacing the headunit, you'd have to replace the speakers. Which is where I am now with mine. It sounds great when it works, but when the speakers and amps that are in them go, its just cheaper to replace all of them along with the head unit.