General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

05 altima stalling - crankshaft ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Default 05 altima stalling - crankshaft ?

Okay. Please Read!

2005 Altima, 2.5 4 cylinder, I have had the Air Mass Flow sensor replaced, The Throttle Body replaced ( the whole thing ) Had a tune up. Had my belt replaced. Worked for about 2 weeks and then it started stalling again. It only stalls when I am coming to a stop. Does not stall while I am driving. Also, took the car to Trophey Nissan in Mesquite Texas and they reset my idle position and did a fuel system clean. This has cost me a lot of money and the resultis are the same. Any one got any ideas? Think that I should just go ahead and replace the Crank Shaft Position Sensor and the Camshaft Sensor, The car runs great once it warms up. Only stalls when I first start driving. after it stalls it starts up andis fine. PLEASE HELP ME[/align]

Old 04-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Default RE: 05 altima stalling - crankshaft ?

Hi sir. Im not an expert in this but i read something on the internet about distributor rotor, it was said that a damaged distributor rotor causes the vehicle to stumble. The title says that you have a 05 Altima which means is two years old already and I believe that this distributor cap has to be changed every two years. Here's the link of the artlicle I read. http://www.shopnisparts.com/nissan-distributor-rotor/

Hope this article help you out in your problem. good luck sir.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Wouldn't hurt to replace those sensors, you are going to replace them eventually anyway (they go bad all the time, but they have been redesigned and have seen no problem with them thus far)....and it's possible that's what is causing your problem. Send me a pm if you are interested in purchasing them.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:48 PM

dont think i have one of those

Old 04-11-2007, 03:49 PM

I already bought them at a nissan dealership here in dallas . . . i hope this is it man. i am goig crazy trying to fix this and going broke!! any other ideas what it could be ?

Old 04-12-2007, 07:54 AM

I'm not sure with this but have you tried checking your spark plug wires ? It could probably be a cause of misfring of the sparkplugs. Check if it has visible cracks or wear and tear signs. No harm in trying anyway.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

2.5 Altima's have coil's , they don't have wires........let us know how the sensors work out for you.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

did you have any check engine lights on, also do you allow your car to warm up before driving or do you just start and go when its cold? how many miles does your altima have?

Old 04-12-2007, 02:23 PM

It depends. In the mornig I get in and go. It never stalls in the morning. In the afternon when I get off work it will stall on me soon after I start and go. Within a few miles. Once it stalls it starts back up and will either run fine or stall a time or 2 more.

My check engine light was on. It sd that " throtle sensor was in error " and " high idle". I replaced the throtle body and Nissan reset the Idle. Still stalling. No check engine light on at this time.

Reason why I think it's the Cam or CrankShaft sensor is all the things I read on these sites. LOL

I got 70000 miles on the car.

What else you think it could be?

Tune up was done, air mass sensor done , throtle body replaced( included sensor ) , Belt changed, fuel service done, idle reset. I am going crazy!!! and broke!

Old 04-13-2007, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

why did you replace the throttle body when the throttle position sensor was bad? if you want to give it a shot on the cam and crank sensor go ahead but there are no guarantee that would fix it. what did nissan say that could cause that problem?

Quick Reply: 05 altima stalling - crankshaft ?