General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

08 titan wont start or jump and actin funny

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Exclamation 08 titan wont start or jump and actin funny

I am having a very strange problem with my 08 titan. It wont jump, doesnt click, and was doing this the other day and then an hour later it took a jump. I had to drive a nail in between my terminal and post to tighten the connection, so tonight i replaced the terminal and nothing. It wont take a jump, and my gauges and headlights are acting strange. when i turn my key some of the dash lights come on, but a few seconds later the rest of them come on, along with the headlights. the gauge reads 13+ volts, and it doesnt seem like the starter because it was starting fine for a year. Could this all be a fuse problem? There are a bunch of fuses on the positive terminal and they all look fine, i havent checked the rest of them. I cannot take it to a shop, but have never seen anything like this. if anyone has had a similar problem could you please help me!!! Thanks

Old 01-17-2011, 10:07 PM

Start by checking all of the fuses for power - and check the fuse inserts because often times a previous owner may have simply jammed a wire into the fuse holder and after removing the wire, the fuse is no longer making contact because the fuse clips are spread all apart. Check all of the radio associated wiring that may have disconnected or broken and check any connections that may have loosened or pulled apart in the same area.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:18 PM

or maybe those fuse are not functioning very well or not functioning at all... try to replace those if it didn't work the power fuse would be the problem.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:02 AM

Check the IPDM, ECM relay and IGN relay, try swap the relays with the fogs lights