General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1992 Nissan 200sx

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Default 1992 Nissan 200sx

Can anyone with any helpful info pllleeasseeeee HELP ME. Im 19 and i saved like f**k to buy a 1992 Nissan 200sx s13. After having it 6 months, ive put a full exhaust system, a new turbo, bodykit, 18 inch axis wheels and 3 months ago i had to replace the big end bearings as i stupidly let the oil get 2 low. Last week my Air Flow Meter packed in and the car was going like a 1.5 diesel saxo, no power at all.on saturday i got a new one and fitted it, then took the car out and opened her up and the dreadful sound of the big end bearings on their way out. i took it to the mechanic and he says " oh i would sell this car as it will continue to give you this problem". i felt like punching him and crying. i never want to see my nissan go. can anyone give me any advice on what to do and can this "big end bearing problem be stopped. could the new air flow meter be anything to do with the problem?? PLEASE HELP ME with ANY HELPFUL INFO AT ALL. MUCH APPRECIATED

Old 11-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Default RE: 1992 Nissan 200sx

I hear your pain. We all love our cars. Well, from what you said it sounds like your engines main bearings went out (Is that right?) and if it wasn't fixed properly, (crank pulled, re-surfaced and new bearings installed) you will continue to have the same problem over and over again. (Oh, no I don't think your air flow meter has anything to do with it) As for the rest of the things... hey, what can you say. Stuff wears out man. Sorry. My guess is your car has some miles on it and it's just reached the point where it's gonna cost a lot of money to keep it on the road. So, what to do... Well, if you're bound and determined to keep the car my first suggestion is to put a new engine in it because that one sounds pretty much worn out. New would be best of course but if you can find a good used one, great. And remember too, the rest of the car is as old as the engine. I dunno, it all depends on how bad you want to keep it I guess. And how much money you want to spend.

Sorry I don't have better news for you,

Brad