General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 04:53 AM
Default AC Problem

I have a '2001' Pathfinder. My problem is the AC keeps shuting off/on from blowing. When it is blowing it is cold. I've taken it to the mechanic (not dealer) and told me I have a leak from one of the hoses, but they don't believe that this is the problem, although this needs to be repaired. Summer is here and it's too hot here in sunny Florida for the AC to start acting up. Has anyone had this problem before; and can anyone give me direction on this problem?[/color]

Old 06-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Administrator
Default RE: AC Problem

if there is a leak in the hose, it would have to be recharged constantly...is that the case?

Old 06-14-2005, 05:24 PM

what your mechanic meant is that there is a leak in a vacum line. the vent controls (dash defrost floor ect,) are vacuum operated. often times when a leak is present under acceleration such as a freeway on ramp the amount of vacuum increases cuasing the vents on the defrost and/or floor to open making you believe that the ac has "stopped working" try feeling around the other vents when this happens. Also it could be a faulty blower motor when it happens again check under the passenger side of the dash and see if you here it working. Good Luck

Old 07-06-2005, 02:01 AM

what is happening? if it stops blowing but a/c is still on .1st thing to check is the blower motor resister next to the blower motor . 2 screws hold it in .take it out if it looks like a old circut board about the size of a credit card most likely the problem . there is a new design from the dealer.