General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

calling all mechanics and wanna be's

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 02:56 AM
Default calling all mechanics and wanna be's

i have a 93 sentra gxe, the engine and transmission are both replaced wen i bought the it. aside from the exhaust not being in tact the car runs great. that is until it gets wet out. this whole issue came up about 6 months ago wen i got the car, i was driving on the highway, after a snow fall. and i lost all power, the air bag light came on, the gauges droped and the engine quit. and so i figured it was the alternator as the battery had just been replaced that day. the car ran fine after that, but due to financial issues i had to park the car. and so it sat for about 6 months until things turned around for me. and i put the car back on the road today. i drove the car all day, until it started to rain and wham kick in the teeth and same problem ( except the lights were brighter this time. and not on the highway). so if anyone could have an idea of what this might be i would be open to hear some ideas.

Old 06-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Default RE: calling all mechanics and wanna be's

after doing some thinking, i think it might be a bad ground on the fuel pump cause it was copletely dry under the hood and doesnt make sence otherwise ( atleast to me)

Old 07-12-2006, 03:34 PM

Spray light water on the ignition leads to your plugs and coil with the engine warm and running, the engine will misfire and stall if the wires are shorting out.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:09 PM

already diagnosed, and found out it was something that could have saved me 300$ about 6 months ago. i have a heavily corroded wire to my alternator. its getting fixed as soon as i get the funds to do it. other issues have cmoe up that need more attention first. tahts what i get for paying 500 bucks for a car.