General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

electric windows on old sunny1.4

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Default electric windows on old sunny1.4

have a bit of a problem with drivers side electric window, don't know if anyone can help? Just put a new regulator & cable assembly in.
I know the motor works, as i checked it from the passenger side. But I don't seem to be getting power from the drivers side?! There are no seperate fuses that i can see, and the fuseable link is intact.

I put a test lamp in the connections on the drivers side, and the only one that lit up was one of the ones to power the passenger side! I wonder if the switch on the door trim is at fault, but i suspect it's to do with power not being there?

The driver side switch does fell a bit lumpy, the passenger switches don't.

I also noticed when i took my door trim off, that there was another block connector that wasn't connected to anything,but is on the same loom, and i don't know or if that is meant to go somewhere and that being the reason for no power, or whether thats just excess for another model?

any ideas anyone, as i'm obsessed now!

Old 09-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Default RE: electric windows on old sunny1.4

So, if I'm reading you right, you do have power to the drivers door. You're just puzzled as to why it's the same wire that also goes to the passenger door. Is that right? If so, the power wire that goes to the passenger side is the same wire that powers the drivers side. In other words, I believe they both use the same wire for power. So, did you try bypassing the switch. See if the window goes then? Also check the window ground wire. Is it still grounded.

As far as the other wire loom goes, my guess would be it's for an electric mirror option you may or may not have. Most times they just wrap it up if they're not putting electric mirrors on the car when new so maybe it's just fallen loose over time.

Hope that helps,

Brad