General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Heater blower stays on High

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Default Heater blower stays on High

1993 Pathfinder. I changed out the resister that is in the heater core case. Still stays on high. Wanted to make sure there wasn't something else I need to look at before I change out he heater slide switch.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Heater blower stays on High

you might of got a defective blower motor resistor cause there is nothing else that can cause a blower motor to work only on high unless the blower speed switch is bad on low, and med settings, wich most of the time only one setting goes bad not just all of them except for high is not that common

Old 11-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Default RE: Heater blower stays on High

FYI, it was the switch, I tested the resitor on another vehical and it worked fine. Then I used a test light as a jumper to a hot source and verified if I had a dead short or not. It looked to me likethe switch ran off of the ground side. From that I verified it must be in the switch. So I took it apart. What a nightmare. I couldn't get itall the way out. I got it out far enough and noticed one of the sloldered wires under it didn't look right. there was a fith wire laying against a solder ball. Over time the wire shield had wore though and it was shorting out. Since it would have been real hard to get the swith out I ended up prying it apart and putting a piece of thin cardboard inbetween as a shield. Kind of micky mouse but I really didn't want to pull that switch off. thanks for you help.