General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How do I replace the plastic discs on the brake pedal??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Default How do I replace the plastic discs on the brake pedal??

Regarding a 1995 Maxima. The plastic discs in the brake pedal that the brake and cruise control switches make contact with have cracked and fallen out. I want to install new plastic discs on the brake pedal but my question is this....how do you get to the place on the brake pedal where the disc goes for the upper switch that disables the cruise control? I am not a contortionist and think there has to be a way to do this that I do not know about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Bob

Old 05-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Thumbs down rube goldberg

Am I crazy or is the brake light switch, a normally closed held open switch, just acting as a piece of wire?
A 'buddy' of mine has a Nissan that the brake lights would not go off. I looked under the dash, saw the brake light switch but no plastic bushing to make the switch.
'Theres the problem' I said. Well it wasn't.
It was the 'cruise switch' as described by the mechanic who eventually fixed the problem.
Now the darn brake lights are working but theres still no plastic bushing making and breaking the break light switch..!!!!
What am I missing here?
Worse part is that I helped this 'buddy' in every way I knew how and now he's running around making fun that I didn't know what I was talking about. Note: he came to me for help and his eyes rolled back in his head when I mentioned the brake light switch. What an a______!!! by the way, his name is Harry