General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No Illumination

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 08:36 PM
ZMX
Default No Illumination

Hey guys, I have a 350Z and I was trying to install some gauges last night. I was splicing the power wires for the gauges from my stereo harness, now I have no lights on my speedo/tach! I have the warning lights and my headlights work fine, but my triple gauges center thingy is out too. I took off all the wires that I spliced and returned the harness back to the way it was, I was sure to insulate all the connections. I checked the fuse boxes, but they were all good. Debating taking it in to dealer.Can anyone help me?!??!Thanks!

Old 07-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Default RE: No Illumination

well let's check the simple things first...

1. most cars have a switch to adjust the light intensity of the dashboard lights; I would check this switch to see that the dash lights are on.

2. there may be another set of fusible links. I have a 1985 300zx and there is a fuse box in the footwell and another in the engine bay.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:25 AM

I don't know what I did, but I have no illumination in my 97 sentra. I drive with nothing on now. I was installing a tach and then i think i accidently have all the wires behind the dimmer switch touch. The dimmer switch still works because I stuck it into another sentra and it worked. Also, when I turn on my alarm, it illuminates and blinks 2 to 3 times. The only thing is that when I switch on the light it doesn't turn on. WHats the problem?

Old 07-21-2006, 09:56 PM

I will check for a service files and see if i can find any info on it. Does your dome light work. I know that these cars do not have just a normal power ground switch. it goes to a meter amp then to the BCM that turns your light on.