General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power Outlet Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Default Power Outlet Issue

I just bought a 2004 Nissan Murano with approximately 48,000 miles andI've had repeat fuse blowings from utilzing my phone charger cord. The dealer has advised that my type of cord and the electrical system in the Murano (as well as other Nissans apparently...it did the same thing in another Nissan at the dealer) are not compatible. They stated that another type ofcharger cord was utilized after replacing thefuse and there was no problem and when they plugged mycharger cordback in the socket, it blew again. Has anyone had this experience...or is the dealerjust blowing something???

Old 02-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Power Outlet Issue

A lot of phone chargers cause problems with blowing fuses in Nissans for sure.... not sure why tho, I'll try to find out something.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Burnnout

A lot of phone chargers cause problems with blowing fuses in Nissans for sure.... not sure why tho, I'll try to find out something.
Verison always blows them. We already hooked up a breaker and the Verisons blow them every time.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:36 PM

I can now report that a bought a new Belkin for my Audiovox - Verizon cell and I can now charge in the car without blowing anything...yet! I think that's strange but dealer was right with this one.

My next problem was the screws/bolts for my new license tags weren't standard. They are actually "fine" threading - as if I knew. It's under control now too - my tag is attached.

I do love my car and I thank you both for your replies - NewtoNissans (and loving it...for now)

Old 05-19-2007, 09:10 AM

It's happened again and I do have Verizon. This is very upsetting because I utilize (need to utilize) my car charger a lot. Burnout and/or Fraggle2005 - do you have any suggestions? Anyone else have any suggestions as well - I want the option of charging my phone in my car.

Thanks!

Old 05-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

At this point there are really no easy solutions... you could go to an auto electrical shop and have them wire a new circuit for your cell phone.... that's the only thing I can think of...... or buy a new cell phone, apparently the charging amps required for some cell phones excedes the limit of that circuit.