General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Default Problem

Hi there i got a problem with my catalic converter on a 1995 nissan micra i dont really know what im ment to replace it im worried i might brake something, does anyone know what i can do only done basic repaires b4, the garage have quoted me alot just before my holiday 2 [:@]

Old 03-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Default RE: Problem

hit it with a hammer a few times till u hear the stuff inside of it break up. it worked on my old chevy. But it would probably be better if you just got it fixed the right way.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Problem

well if you have basic autmotive knowledge its only four bolts holding the catlytic converter in place the only thing is that an oem or part store brand cat can range from $200-$500 plus labor but make sure the car is cooled down and get some good penetrating lube and spray it on the rusty bolts and let it sit, and hope that you dont break the stud or bolts holding it cause on a car that old would probably break but its not hard to change just also make sure you get the gaskets to replace your old ones otherwise you could possible get an exhaust leak. good luck