General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Removing Micra Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Default Removing Micra Radio

I'm trying to remove a cd/radio player from a 3 yo micra. I have got the keys to slide into the four holes in the corners and it seems they click into place. However the radio just won't come out even though I'm applying some force. Two Nissan dealers have assured me that the radio will come out but I'm not too sure I'm not missing something !!!

Old 05-20-2010, 06:04 AM

1. Step 1
    Review your car's owner's manual to see if it has any tips on removing the current stereo. It may have a diagram of the wiring and the area where the stereo is installed.
  2. Step 2
    Disconnect the battery to avoid an electrical short while working with the wiring.
  3. Step 3
    Use a screwdriver to remove the retaining screws holding in your car stereo. Grab hold of the stereo and pull it toward you to remove it from the dashboard.
  4. Step 4
    Get a pair of DIN tools to slip on either side of the stereo, if the stereo connects to the dash using spring clips and bolts. These thin tools slide in easily, release the clips, and allow the stereo to come out easily. You may need to remove dash panels when bolts hold in the stereo. Take out the bolts and screws that hold the stereo in, and then simply pull it out.
  5. Step 5
    Look at the wires on the back of your car stereo. You should see 2 wires attached to the stereo. A wiring clip protects the stereo from vibrations and holds the wiring harness steady.
  6. Step 6
    Pry the wires up from the stereo and loosen them using a pulling/pushing motion. After working the wires back and forth, you should be able to pull the wires straight out.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:55 AM

I had to crowbar mine out!! Then afterwards i realised they needed two keys.... These keys are pretty much universal, and you can get them from Halfords, or any other car shop. Otherwise, nip it down to a local garage and ask them. They always keep a set of keys and won't charge you for taking it out.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:24 AM
ira

The stock stereo in a Nissan Micra does the job, but it's not the fanciest thing available on the market. Today's car stereos have features like Bluetooth, iPod integration, and even in-dash CD changers. Because of the size of the factory Micra stereo, installing an aftermarket stereo is straightforward to accomplish. First though, you have to remove the stock stereo.
Difficulty: Easy
Instructions

• Phillips-head screwdriver
  • Hook tool

1. Step 1
    Unscrew the two screws located just above the stock stereo using the phillips-head screwdriver. Then pull out the astray with your hands. Remove the two screws behind the ashtray using the phillips-head screwdriver.
  2. Step 2
    Place the hook tool in the seam between the dark gray bezel fitted around the stereo and the vinyl dashboard, then twist the handle so the hook on the tool is behind the panel. Pull the tool towards you to release the bezel from the dashboard. Once it's free, pull it off all the way and set it to the side.
  3. Step 3
    Unscrew the stereo from the dashboard. Then pull it out and disconnect the wiring on the backside.