General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

replaced battery, no sound from speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Default replaced battery, no sound from speakers

can anybody help with this problem?
i bought an '04 Altima new, got a dead cell in my battery just two years in. car wouldn't get any power. i replaced the battery and everything works fine, except the speakers. the radio will power on, and i can flip through the stations, turn up and down the volume and flip through tracks on a CD. but no sound from speakers - not even "beeping" when adjusting audio settings.
i took the negative cable off the battery and hooked it back up, checked a fuse labeled "audio" under the dash and under the hood, both were fine.
any suggestions? thanks for your help ...
jason

Old 02-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: replaced battery, no sound from speakers

you are going to have to check to see if you are getting power to your speakers if your not getting any power to all four speakers your stock head unit is defective, if it is an aftermarket your amp or head unit is bad. good luck if you do not feel comfortable doing this i recomend you take your car to an audio shop or a dealership, if your head unit is bad the cheapest route is to get a aftermarket head unit like a sony, pioneer etc. well let me know if that fixes it. good luck,.