General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

TPS Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Default TPS Problems

Ok guys, I just purchased a 1986 Nissan 4X4 truck and I am having major drivablity issues. It runs fine at idle and just easing on the accelerator it does fine until the throttle reaches a little bit over 1/4 throttle. I have checked the codes on it and I am getting a code on the TPS. I have replaced it, but I noticed that the sensor has three electrical connetion blades on it but the plug from the main harness only has two. Upon further investigation, I noticed that the truck has had electrical problems because I have found splices in the wires on the TPS. I checked the connections on the splices and they all appear to be good, but my question is this...."does anybody know if there is supposed to be a third wire running to the sensor, or is the third wire not used on this model truck?" I have opened up the wire loom all the way back to the firewall and have not noticed a broken wire that might be missing or anything. This is my first Nissan producd that I bought just to beat around in so I am not familiar at all with the workings of this vehicle. Any help you might have would be greatly appreciated.

So far, I have:
Changed the Air Flow Sensor
Changed TPS
Throttle Body Rebuild Kit
Plugs, Wires
Cap
Crank Sensor

Thanks in Advance