Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

maf and tps install problem 01' maxima

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Default maf and tps install problem 01' maxima

Please help meif anyonehas knowledge on how to repair:

I own a 2001 Maxima SE and am having problems with RMP's not registering, engine, TCS, and slip lights are on after installing a MAF and TPS sensor.I had no service lights prior to install, butcar was initially cutting off while driving if foot taken off accelerator. Now, it drives fine but will cut offwhen starting, particularily whenuphill unless I give it plenty gas for a while. Dealership stated a cut or pinched wire to the computer, but I don't think so. They would not reset the computer because they stated it will do no good.

MAF was put on 1st and RMP's worked and only 1 service light on. When TPS put on, other lights and RPM's stopped registering. So sound like a problem w/ TPS and computer not being reset or is this a problem w/ throddle being opened or closed, or is something else going on?Feels like a very weak idle, I can barely hear car running and studders at start up.

This car has been nothing but problems for me. I have learned more about diagnosing repairs properly from this site in the past 3 months thansome mechanicsseem to know.Close to $10,000in repairs and general maintenance since owning the car, 1/2 of it done under a warranty I bought. Dealer has always fixed the problem but a couple months later, we have a new electrical problem. I'mfed up.

My neighbor fixed it this time and it is running, but I am fearful that it is still a risk to drive. Car shutting off on the expressway is no fun! Also, I get nervous when I see service lights, so please help.

Also, is this thing worth keeping? It drives beautifully and the comforts are great but Ihave invested some much time and money that I really wonder. After each major repair I hope that is the last one, but a couple months later something else comes up. Always electrical!

AJ123

Old 09-06-2007, 01:31 AM
Default RE: maf and tps install problem 01' maxima

Here ya go AJ:

www.nissanonlinemechanic.com (quick answer)
www.maximaclub.org (to cover your other Maxima questions)

p.s. It's a great car, well worth keeping.