General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Vibration in rear at 65mph+

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Default RE: Vibration in rear at 65mph+

Defective Driveline!!!
That is the problem. The second dealership has ordered me a new driveline. Sooooo, I am not a stupid, crazy woman after all. I can't tell you guys how relieved I am at this very moment. I am going to write to the BBB and let them know about the wonderful service I received and what a pleasure it was dealing with the guys that found the problem. If you are in the market I highly recommend Horizon Nissan in Roseburg, Oregon. Allen is an Assistant Manager in the service department if you have a problem he will stick with it until he and his crew finds it. I love that guy!

As for the Nissan Dealer that I bought the truck from....they aren't very happy with me right now. If you would like to read about it you can go to:

http://216.163.74.131/complaint/view/22057858/c/2c8ac9#

Unfortunate for them I learned how to document to cover my butt.

Brad if you are still out there.....thanks for the prayers. God Is Answering....I just have to kept still long enough to hear.
Pinkley

Old 12-09-2005, 04:58 PM

I just talked to Allen, Asst. service manager, and he had very bad news for me. Apparently they had gotten in the new driveline and when they put it in the truck it was worse than the original one. They then took one out of a new truck that they had on the lot, it was better but the vibration is not fixed.

I appreciate all that Horizon Nissan has done for me but I am at the end. It has been three months, 8 times in the shop, 14 tires, 3 sets of wheels, alignments....etc. The problem is that it is a LEMON!!!

Is this common practice for Nissan Corp. to put their paying customers through HELL like this???

I called Nissan USA about 11:30am and left a message for Steven, Ext. 8457, and requested a call back today. I would like a new truck please!

Old 12-17-2005, 02:38 AM

Allen, from Horizon, called me today. My truck has been over there a total of 16 days today. He informed me that there was nothing more he could do for me until the regional tech. came down with his fancy equipment and checked the truck over. I sit here, crying and mad as hell. I don't quite understand all of this. The thing is, I like Allen and I know that he is doing everything he can to fix the truck. At this point I think he's about to throw up his hands and say, "just give her a new truck." Ofcourse that's what I would hope he is saying.

I emailed Nissan USA on Dec. 13th as follows:

This dealership, (Refering to Coos Bay Nissan) on four separate occations, inwhich I have
all of this documented on the internet, could not or would not
recongnize that there was/is a problem with my truck. Now My truck is at
Horizon Nissan in Roseburg, OR. They are tearing it appart piece by piece to
try and find the problem. This is the eighth time it has been in the
shop. I bought it on Sept. 8th, 2005. It has been in the shop so much I
hardly would recognize it. My question is....when do you give up and
tell me that I deserve a brand new truck. That is what I thought I
purchased. Unfortuately I got a lemon instead. Please advise as my patience is
running quite thin.
> Lisa Pinkley
> P.S. This is but a small fraction of the story....believe me I have
documented it the whole way.

This is the response I got yesterday:

Dear Mrs. Lisa Pinkley,

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Nissan North America, Inc. We
apologize for the delay in response.

We note file # 5164488N has already been created to document this
concern. Please continue to work with your Nissan representative as this
file is still pending. We want to keep you happy, please feel free to call
1-800-647-7261, Nissan Consumer Affairs with any additional questions
or comments regarding this matter. When you call, please refer to the
listed file number.

Sincerely,

Coleman Stephens
National Consumer Affairs
Nissan North America, Inc.

That's really nice of you Coleman.....whoever the hell you are. Mean while, I have no vehicle.

Old 12-18-2005, 02:29 AM

Did you buy this truck in a new car dealership or did you get it in a used car lot?

Seems to me that the fools in the service department should be able to take care a new vehicles problem instead of letting you run around with this problem...

WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 12-18-2005, 10:35 PM

This vehicle was brand new. I purchased it on Sept. 8, 2005 with 6 miles on the odom.
I have researched this problem on the internet since that time and have not found one other 05 Nissan Frontier that has reported this problem[&o]

Old 12-28-2005, 03:17 AM

Sooo here is the latest...I didn't get a new truck for XMAS

However, I did retain a lawyer on Dec. 15th. He sent a certified letter to Nissan North America on Monday, Dec. 19th, envoking the "Lemon Law". That same day a guy from BBB Autoline called me. (His name is Joe Peck.) He informed me that Nissan was willing to send a Tech. to Roseburg to figure out what the problem was with my truck. I told him about 10% of the story and said that that was not acceptable....I WANT A NEW TRUCK!

He told me that he would want a new one too!

He informed me that the next step would be to go into arbitration.) I do not need a lawyer as Nissan will not have one there.)
I just need to bring all my paper work, the truck and I will have an hour to present my case.

HAVE THEY LOST THERE MINDS??

I would have to drive that P.O.S. 250 miles up and 250 miles back...I would rather shove bamboo shoots under my fingernails.[&:]
Just driving to Roseburg, 62 miles one way, gives me a headache and a numb posterior. Besides, what if the thing decides to fall apart somewhere in between?? NOPE...NOT GONNA DO IT!!!!

I read somewhere that in 1959 Nissan's (Datsun at the time) CEO had a philosophy, "Love life, love people, love cars."

WHERE IS THE LOVE???

Old 12-28-2005, 04:13 PM

i have a family friend that got a new van after the dealer couldn't figure out what was wrong with the one he purchased, but it took a while and a lot of headaches. i think it was a caravan?........something like that.

Old 12-28-2005, 10:04 PM

This morning the BBB Autoline called me back @ 9:00am. I missed the call so I called right back. I talked to Joe Peck again. He must have got up on the wrong side of the bed cause he had a grumpy attitude right off the bat.

I asked him again if I had to take the truck to the arbitration meeting. He told me that it was a requirement. I told him that I was not comfortable driving the 500 miles when the truck vib. so bad and that I was concerned that it might try to fall apart on the way. He told me that I had to either drive it or have it towed up. I asked if it would be a Nissan expense if the truck was towed and told me that it would be my expense. I informed him that I didn't have the funds to do that. (Here's where his bad attitude really kicked in.) He told me that if the truck was not there, there would be no point in having the meeting. I told him that I have all the paper work that proves that the truck vib. and then asked him if the arbitrator was going to be a Tech. or something. He said that the arbitrator would not be a tech. but would maybe want to take the truck for a test drive. (Why not.....everyone else has driven it![:@]) I said again that I can not drive it that far with this problem and I can't afford to tow it 500 miles so I guess I will have to contact a lawyer. He said, "well then we will close your claim because the truck has to be there." I told him no that I didn't want the claim to be closed and that I guessed I would have to figure it out.

I keep thinking that this nightmare is going to go away. It just keeps getting worse. I don't know much about PTS but I think that is what I have developed over this whole ordeal. I can't sleep, my brain feels like it is shorting out and I have missed work. I do not recognize myself at all. I guess I will have to meditate on this to try and let it go.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:59 PM

So I had my arbitration meeting yesterday with Nissan. The arbitrator was on site but the Nissan rep. was on the phone.
I was a bit nervous at first but the arbitrator, Larry, and the gal that worked for BBB help calm me with their demeanor.
I must admit that I was surprised that Nissan wasn't present. I guess that is common practice these days. I was told that it was unusual that they even called in as they generally just send paper work.

Just as I though, Nissan is sticking to their decision...they want to send an engineer to Roseburg to diagnos my truck. My stand is, you can do that but do it on your own time. I requested a new vehicle.

I was very happy when Larry told me that he had to have his decision in three days and I would be hearing from the BBB within 7-10 days. Ohhh my gosh....I was thinking this would take a couple months.

I was also happy with the way the meeting went as a whole. Everyone was polite, no one spoke out of turn and the whole thing took a couple of hours. This included the test drive.

When we went out on a test drive it was raining so hard that I was concerned that the truck vib. would be muffled. Well, it was. Also because of traffic I couldn't get it up to the speed that I would have liked. (Ofcourse it was vib. all the way up there....all 256 miles.)
I guess it doesn't matter so much though as I have all the paper work from different individuals that states the problems.

I will not get to detailed with this entry as the case is in limbo and I'm pretty sure that what was said in the room is confidential. I will however post the results when I here.

Please keep me in your thoughs as I would truly love to see this come to an end.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:22 PM

Just as I was promised....the decision was fairly quick. I received the results in the mail on Sat., Jan. 21. I must say that my heart was ripped out once again.

The arbitrator acknowledged all of my information in his report and still has ruled that the company has not had suffient time to fix the truck. Therefore he had ruled that, if I accepted the deal, Nissan has 30 from the time they receive my signed acceptance paper.

At first I was sick about it but knew in my heart that I didn't have much fight left in me. I sat on it for a few days and thought about it. It was in my best physical and mental interest that I accept the deal. I faxed it on Wednesday, Jan. 25th at 2:08pm pst.

My instructions were to check with the BBB Autoline approx. 2 hours after I faxed the paper to ensure that it had made it. I did that and when I called, Joe Peck, the guy who is handling my case he told me that he was going home and that I needed to call in the morning. I was busy all day Thursday and by the time I thought about it it was too late again.

Friday I call twice and left a message with Joe to please call me back to confirm that my paper had indeed been faxed and accepted.
He didn't call me back.

This morning, Monday, Jan. 30, I called again and he said it was there. I asked when the Nissan people would be contacting me and he said that they had 30 days to make the appointment. I told him that wasn't what my paper work stated and he then got very short with me....now this is the third time he had gotten aggressive without provication.

I called Nissan Consumer and the gal told me that they had received the agreement on Jan. 25th. My paper work states that they have to have the truck fixed in 30 days from the day they receive the agreement.

I guess they have until Feb. 24th to fix it. If not the arbitrator will go back into my case and we'll see from there.

I thought would this get better but it is only getting worse....someday, I hope, I will look back on this with a sane mind and understand why all this is happening.

Quick Reply: Vibration in rear at 65mph+