General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

where to ask???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Default where to ask???

Hi im new to this forum, and i have a few questions about building an engine for my 88 nissan pulsar, i was just wondering what section i might go about posting a question like this???

Old 08-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: where to ask???

well since there is no pulsar section, i'd say the sentra section. are you looking to re-build or build for performance reasons?

Old 08-21-2006, 06:01 AM

im looking to do a performance build

Old 08-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

do you want to keep it n/a or boost it?

Old 08-21-2006, 04:55 PM

boost it

Old 08-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

well depending on how much lbs of boost you plan on running and how hard your going to drive it is going to be how much you wanna build it, i'd start with new seals, mainbearings, piston rings, metal head gasket.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:26 AM

ya the engine is pretty bare right now, its a 1.6L fuel injected, nothing fancy, i was gonna redo the whole thing, and i wanted to drop in the turbo and cold air intake and a chip, i dont know much about engines, but im really trying to learn, basically i want this thing to be a tightly packed engine with near 300HP.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

well you cant really "chip" a your car nor any 200sx/sentra/pulsar's you have to get a reprogrammed ecu from JWT. when you turbo your car there is not need for a cold air intake, with a 1.6L its going to be hard to see 300hp no offense... in your case with you still learning i wouldnt turbo it yet, stick with bolt ons like a header, Cai, exhaust, etc.

When you run a turbo you have to have a oil feed and return lines, which means you have to drill and tap a hole(s) into your block and or oil pan, youll need new injectors, safc to controll your fuel flow, innercooler, innercooler piping, clamps, misc oil lines, turbo, turbo manifold, and much more. Unless you buy a complete kit from turbokits.com or another website.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:19 PM

i see. i was thinkin of buying a whole new engine block and building it from the ground up. what could i go with that could be tuned a lot, and still fit in my car. also though i am learning i have a few performance mechanic buddies that said they would help me out free of charge

Old 08-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

i thought about this also getting another motor and a stand and building it while it sits there.. thats your best bet.

Quick Reply: where to ask???