General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Why is warning light on, after putting new starter on Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Default Why is warning light on, after putting new starter on Maxima?

I drive a 97 Maxima. I have been having trouble starting it, and up until a couple of days ago, we could jump it with another car. Then, it wouldn't start at all. I took it in, and they told me I needed a new starter. They put it in yesterday. I picked the car up after they had closed. It started fine, but there was a warning light on the far right hand side of the control panel. I took the car back to them this morning, and they told me it was code PO 325 (Knock sensor code) and P1 335 (Miss fire code). They told me it would cost about $400 to repair the sensor. Of course, I was upset. I never had the problem before I took it to them. They said they could reset the sensor, and that it might help, but it might come back on. They reset it, and it went out. I have driven it all day, and so far it has not come back on. What caused this, and do I need to worry about it coming back on.

Thanks for any help. I don't know much about cars and hate having car trouble.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:31 AM
Default RE: Why is warning light on, after putting new starter on Maxima?

I'd just drive it and see if the lights come back on. If they don't, forget it. I suppose they might have had to disconnect the sensors or something when they changed the starter and that could have caused the lights to come on. It's also possible the lights were triggered by disconnecting the battery when they changed the starter. Cars are getting pretty high tech these days so it doesn't take much sometimes.

Just one of those wait and see things I guess. Let us know,

Brad