New Member Area New to Nissan Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Help! my 2005 nissan maxima SE not starting

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:57 AM
Default Help! my 2005 nissan maxima SE not starting

I have a nissan maxima SE 2005. I was driving one night and my climate control lights went out and all my gauges in the car dropped to zero and all service lights went on too. The car was still running at the time. When I got home and shut the engine the car wouldn't start anymore but the engine cranks. When the key is ON position, the cooling fans are running high and my headlights are on even though the switch is on OFF position. I had the car towed to the nissan dealership and here's their diagnosis: "charged battery and performed electrical system diagnosis, vehicle cranks over but will not start and headlights and cooling fans run when key is ON position, no communication from TCM, BCM, IDPM, METER, A/C AMP. Isolated concern to ECM failure, shorted out and IDPM shorted. Possible also METER and BCM shorted.

I have ordered the part for the IDPM and replaced it with a NEW one. Thinking that it's just the IDPM. WRONG. The car still does NOT start, still having same problems. Any suggestions out there before I buy all the other parts(ECM, BCM, METER, A/C AMP. TCM) they (the dealership)think that needs to be replaced? HELP! Thanks. []

Old 04-16-2008, 02:47 AM
Default RE: Help! my 2005 nissan maxima SE not starting

dude that sucks my 350 z was acting funny tonigt to hope its nothing sirious
[align=left] [/align]

Old 08-30-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by aristotlej
I have a nissan maxima parts SE 2005. I was driving one night and my climate control lights went out and all my gauges in the car dropped to zero and all service lights went on too. The car was still running at the time. When I got home and shut the engine the car wouldn't start anymore but the engine cranks. When the key is ON position, the cooling fans are running high and my headlights are on even though the switch is on OFF position. I had the car towed to the nissan dealership and here's their diagnosis: "charged battery and performed electrical system diagnosis, vehicle cranks over but will not start and headlights and cooling fans run when key is ON position, no communication from TCM, BCM, IDPM, METER, A/C AMP. Isolated concern to ECM failure, shorted out and IDPM shorted. Possible also METER and BCM shorted.

I have ordered the part for the IDPM and replaced it with a NEW one. Thinking that it's just the IDPM. WRONG. The car still does NOT start, still having same problems. Any suggestions out there before I buy all the other parts(ECM, BCM, METER, A/C AMP. TCM) they (the dealership)think that needs to be replaced? HELP! Thanks. []
I got the same problem in my car, had to replace most of the wirings that runs throughout the electronics of my car, I didn't go to the dealership coz they will surely charge me double, I talk to my mechanic and he told me to just replace the wiring coz its cheaper than replacing each set