New Member Area New to Nissan Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Arkansas member

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Default New Arkansas member

Hello everyone,

I usually frequent the ZY forum for the SR20 gurus but today I finally found this forum for all the true Nissan fans and experts. About myself, I'm a total Nissan/Datsun fan. My dad started us kids off right working on some old B110's and got a few early drives in the 280ZX, the one I currently own that used to be in the family. I also have fond memories of riding around in a 1970 1600 roadster, which is still one of my favorite memories. After moving back to the states from Japan, I had a 2000 roadster delivered to the house and found a used SR20DET to swap in to it. Well, a few more deployments and missing parts delayed that project and in the mean time my old high school friend put up our old 280ZX for sale. I jumped on it in a heartbeat and decided to put the SR in the Z instead of the roadster. The roadster is still a project car that I intend to sell once I can track down the title from Cali and the last owner, but the Z is up and running again with the SR in it instead of the L28. I have all kinds of parts from the Z up for sale including the motor and tranny I pulled. Anyone interested give me a ring. The SR was a huge upgrade for that car and I still have a few things to clean up on the swap but so far it's running awesome. Future plans are to upgrade the brake system, rebuild the suspension, finish the SR A/C swap, get a paint job, and some sweet light weight wheels (maybe Watanabe's). I still have no boost control and am just running the spring on the waste gate so when I get the EBC on there I should turn it up back to the factory boost and have even more fun. The first time I got on it with the swap I had a big smile on my face and couldn't stop laughing. The first 4 gears go by real fast. If you aren't timid about problem solving a swap and don't mind doing something different, I totally recommend the SR swap. I could have gone with a good deal 1JZ swap but kept the SR instead since it's quite a bit lighter and shouldn't eat the gas like a TT 3.0 would. It might actually have been easier to do a 1JZ or even an RB but I'm not looking for insane power anyways. The 280ZX is a 2+2 RHD from Japan and is pretty solid, very little rust, and until recently everything worked (see post on tail lights). I found out that there are some subtle differences between the USDM and the JDM versions. Anyways, enough about me...anyone interested in parts for the Z or a solid 2000 roadster project drop me a line in Arkansas. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:20 PM

I'm looking for some Z parts, could you give me some quote and pic of those parts?