New Member Area New to Nissan Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Member here

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Default New Member here

Im also a member of the MercedesForum and a Benz tech for almost 7 years. I have a 97 Altima, stick shift andi have a few questions about it. It's just been the greatest car probably that Ive ever owned.not comfortable and no lumbar support. I had it since close to new and it has 172K on it now. Ive put 3 transmissions in it cause I beat on it pretty good and I have a very heavy foot. The car just takes it. only repairs on it so far are the 3 transmissions, 2 starters...cheap ones from national auto. but warrantied for life so i dont care. 1 alternator and exhaust, and sway bar bushings and the rear motor mount that ive replaced about 6 times. also the tail lights with the ground screw comes loose and then the tail lights are out. My questions are the water pump? i think probably going to go on me soon, whats your opinion from experiences with this motor. Where can i find a heavier rear engine mount/ trans mount that wont keep breaking? i also havea bad shimmy and knock sound from the front end. Its been like that almost forever and i just deal with it. I do have a bad inner tie rod too. other than that a great car. anyone can share some info that would be great! Thanks in advance!